Create beautiful memories and relax in Bonghwa

History

Overview

Bonghwa County is a town of propriety and decorum that is surrounded by beautiful natural scenery and is filled with the virtuous spirits of classical scholars. With the population of approximately 34,000, Bonghwa County consists of 1 'eup' and 9 'myeon's. 83% of the county area is natural forest. Bonghwa offers beautiful natural sceneries and a number of local specialties. In addition to Mt. Cheongnyang, the Provincial Park, noted mountains and national treasures are located all over Bonghwa County.

History

The Three Han PeriodThe area of Bonghwa County belonged to Gijeoguk of Jinhan
The Three Kingdoms PeriodThe area around Bongseong-myeon belonged to Gosama-hyeon, Naegi-gun of Goguryeo.
The era of rule by King Pasa, the 5th king of the Shilla (80~112)The area of Bonghwa County was a territory of the Shilla.
The era of rule by King Gyeongdeok, the 35th king of the Shilla (742~765)The name was changed to Okma-hyeon, Naeryeong-gun.
The era of rule by King Hyeonjong, the 8th king of Goryeo (1010~1031)The name was changed to Bongseong-hyeon during the period of rule by King Hyeonjong, the 8th king of Goryeo (1010~1031)
The 32nd year rule by King Gojong, the 26th king of the Joseon (1895)Bonghwa-hyeon was renamed as Bonghwa-gun in the 32nd year of rule by King Gojong (1895), the 26th king of the Joseon.
The 1st year of rule by King Sunjong of the Joseon (1907)County office was moved from Bongseong to Chunyang in the 1st year of rule by King Sunjong of the Joseon (1907)
1914The county office was moved from Chunyang to 285 Naeseong-ri. The 15 'myeon's were reorganized into 9 'myeon's.
1962In November, Deokgu-ri of Chunyang-myeon and Cheonpyeong-ri were transferred into Yeongwol-gun of Gangwon-do.
1963 In March, the Seokpo Branch Office was installed with jurisdiction over Seungbu-ri, Daehyeon-ri and Seokpo-ri of Socheon-myeon.
1973In July, Soro-ri of Beomjeon-myeon was transferred into Chunyang-myeon. In addition, Naerim-ri and Duwol-ri of Sangwun-myeon were transferred into Isan-myeon of Yeongju-gun.
1979In July, Bonghwa-myeon was promoted to Bonghwa-eup.
1983In February, Myeongho-myeon of Silla-ri was transferred into Sangwun-myeon and Seokpo Branch Office of Socheon-myeon was promoted to Seokpo-myeon. In October, Pojeo 2-ri of Bonghwa-eup was divided into Pojeo 2-ri and Pojeo 4-ri.
1991In January, Wondu-ri of Bongseong-myeon was renamed as Bongyang-ri
1994In July, Wuguchi 1-ri and Wuguchi 2-ri of Chungyang-myeon were integrated into Wuguchi-ri, Goseon 1-ri and Goseon 2-ri of Socheon-myeon into Goseon 2-ri, Goseon 3-ri into Goseon 1ri and Bukgok 1-ri and Bukgok 2-ri of Myeongho-myeon into Bukgok-ri.
2000In January, Daehyeon 1-ri and Daehyeon 2-ri of Seokpo-myeon were integrated into Daehyeon 1-ri, Daehyeon 3-ri into Daehyeon 2-ri, Hyeondong 2-ri and Hyeondong 4-ri of Jaesan-myeon into Hyeondong 2-ri, Nammyeon 1-ri and Nammyeon 2-ri into Nammyeon-ri, Galsan 1-ri and Galsan 2-ri into Galsan 1-ri, Galsan 3-ri and Galsan 4-ri into Galsan 2-ri, Sangni 1-ri and Sangni 2-ri into Sangni-ri, Munchon 1-ri and Munchon 2-ri of Sangwun-myeon into Munchon-ri and Silla 1-ri and Silla 2-ri into Silla-ri.
2002In November, Pojeo-ri of Bonghwa-eup was renamed as Naeseong-ri.
2004In March, the county office was moved from 285 to 537 Naeseong-ri, Bonghwa-eup.

WelCome to BonghwaAbout Bonghwa

This QR Code is URL of History page

This QR Code is URL of <History> page